Thursday, September 17, 2015

A Girl

Why doesn’t everything good last forever?
I mean, I just recently heard that Laila is moving to another university. Already? I mean, c’mon! There are still a lot of things we haven’t done!  A hundred arguments yet to be initiated, Countless ways of teasing you that I haven’t got the chance to use, many topics to talk about, and perhaps, a few or more confessions to make.

I met “Laila” a few months ago but I’ve noticed her earlier on the internet. She is interesting. How interesting? Well, first she is smart, not a nerd but smart. She is bit twisted, not so much that makes her a psychopath but enough to get my attention. Only a smurf would consider her tall and it pisses her off when someone’s making fun of her height.  She is cute, not Avril Lavigne cute but in her own way.
Our relationship sat off quite well. First she was extremely nice to me. Like I remember that time when i posted on Facebook that I have no special talents. She immediately commented with very supportive words, a gesture that I admired. We used to talk for hours and hours and I really liked that. We were soon good friends in real life too.

Yet, good things don’t seem to last an eternity. Everything changed suddenly. We didn’t talk at all. We merely ignored each other entirely. Yet every now and then, she would do something to tease me off and I’d do the same, which seemed quite exciting at the time.
We are a lot alike. What I know is that I really liked her. Yes , past tense . Because whatever she was trying to do, what she did made my feelings diminish until they have vanished. On the other hand, she did inspire me to rise to the next level , and for that I give her my thanks.

 I believe she did a great job grabbing my attention and I was certainly attached. Perhaps I still am. Maybe that’s why when I heard she’s moving I was shocked and a bit sad. Yet that’s life. Things come and go. I enjoyed almost every moment around her. I enjoyed every part of our tiny journey even when I didn’t seem like it.
To Laila, If you haven’t known already,   I really liked you, in fact I still kind of do while I’m typing this. And as much as I believe that you owe me an apology, I think I owe you one. I’m sorry.  I really hope that our paths cross again. But if they don’t, just know that it was good while it lasted.
Best of Luck

Izz





No comments:

Post a Comment