Sunday, July 27, 2014

18th Ramadan.

 This feels so much like going back home after being away for ages. God, I really missed this.

 You're probably curious if anything new had happened..If anything had changed....If I had changed. Well, so many things happened. So many things have changed And Yes, I've changed as well.

 I'm  18 now, recently finished high school (Twjihi) and currently waiting for the results. Funny enough, I'm not nervous at all. In fact, it's like I was never a student and I had never been to school. It's Ramadan now (well was Ramadan, as this might be the last day of the month). Without a doubt, Ramadan is my favorite month. I was looking forward for it to finally arrive but something weird and vague was surrounding this Ramadan. I don't know honestly, I haven't  experienced  spiritualities as I usually have each Ramadan. Does the problem lie in me or in this month? I absolutely have no idea.

However, I've done some pretty new and cool things this Ramadan I have never done. I volunteered with a local institution that held 3 events weekly for less fortunate children to have fun, play, eat and meet new people. It was an amazing  experience and I'm  definitely going to do it again next year. Drawing smiles on people's faces has always and will always be a source of pleasure to me. And this year, seeing all these kids smile, laugh and have fun made feel really pleased.

I've also joined a book club. It's not the boring kind of book clubs, this one is different. Consequently, I'm more into reading now. And recently, I've finished reading an amazing book called The Theory of Everything by Stephen Hawking. It merely talked about the universe, space, black holes, physics and time which all are my favorite subjects.

 I've met so many great people and have made lots of new friends in these past 2 months or so. Some old friendships have gotten stronger  while others have faded away. You know what they say: ' You win some, you lose some'. This time however, I've gained more than I have lost.

 This might seem all great,and it is, yet a strange feeling has been living inside me for a while. Huh. How funny I used that metaphor, I didn't intend to write it but it seems that my subconscious already knew what I was about to say and what my problem was.

I feel like I am hollow. Empty from the inside. Like a balloon or a ball filled with nothing but air. And I absolutely don't know where all this uneasiness and negativity come from. Everybody is starting to notice that I've been really weird lately, much more quite and so vague. I swear to god I do not know what is going on with me. And this is driving me crazy! How could you feel such things as melancholy and emptiness and not know why!? It really is irritating, as I am losing confidence day after day. Hopefully though, things will get better and change. I don't know how or when, but something tells me they will.

 The world now is on crisis. Gaza has been under attack and been facing bombing for weeks now. Hundreds were killed and thousands of innocents were injured. This massacre needs to be stopped. Global justice has to be restored. May god be with and help Gaza.

 I feel so much better now writing things that have been wandering my mind. I will certainly write more often.

Until next time.
Izz

27/7/2014  

No comments:

Post a Comment